ECA Consulting offers dedicated, all-inclusive structural engineering services, from project conception to completion. These services are provided by taking the client’s specific needs and requirements into account and making them a reality. Innovative, Rational Structural Analysis and Value Engineering in response to real-world challenges are made possible at ECA Consulting, as we keep up to date with the latest industry norms and standards.
We combine our extensive experience in the industry with technologically advanced software to ensure that our steel and concrete structures are lighter and therefore more economical, without compromising on safety, design codes, functionality or aesthetic requirements.
Our structural engineering services are available to private clients, as well as other civil engineers, architects and property developers.
These services are aimed at the following building and civil environments:
- Buildings such as multi-storey apartments, luxury houses, retail showrooms, shopping centres, commercial buildings (warehouses), medical facilities (hospitals, clinics, specialist wards), truck maintenance facilities, office buildings, public transport facilities, pedestrian bridges, light and heavy industrial buildings (manufacturing), churches, schools, cold rooms and similar.
- Civil structures such as reservoirs, water and sewer treatment plants, soil retaining structures, bridges and dams.
Our Structural Design Philosophy
- Preliminary structural design; we calculate development costs and evaluate initial appearance, style and functionality of the proposed structure.
- Throughout the finite element designs process we make use of advanced software to produce designs with maximum structural efficiency, where alternative construction materials and methods are considered and proposed.
- In liaison we communicate with other involved service providers, such as architects, mechanical and electrical engineers. This ensures that all associated services affecting the structure will be integrated without compromising on functionality or the aesthetic appeal.
- We evaluate structures to advise clients on potential risk of failure. Advice on improvements of structural integrity, such as the removal or repair of structural elements or reconstruction, will also be provided.
- Prescribing appropriate geotechnical investigations of soil conditions and analysing the results of samples and in-situ tests. Further sensibly incorporating recommendations and findings of the geotechnical reports into the structure’s design.
- Thorough inspection of all work completed by various contractors.
- Our experienced, dedicated engineers and draft persons will produce accurate construction drawings according to deadlines in order to fast-track projects.
- Structural elements are provided in sufficient detail to allow for the immediate commencement of manufacturing by contractors.
- Ivydale Shopping Centre – Polokwane, Size: 12000m², Value: R 92.67 mil
- CLJC Church – Ulundi, Size: 2940m², Value: R 13.5 mil
- Just Veggies Cold Rooms – Vryheid, Size: 780m², Value: R 4.4 mil
- House Khumalo – Nelspruit, Size: 713m², Value: R3.74 mil